Yesterday, Chad Jennings had some injury updates. Let’s take a look and see what we’ve got.
1. Jorge Posada hopes to be back in the lineup. That’s great news, as Posada’s bat makes the lineup that much more dangerous again. His 2010 line sits at .326/.406/.618/1.024, .441 wOBA, 180 wRC+. Posada coming back could mean either a night off for Frankie Cervelli or he could DH.
2. Alfredo Aceves will play catch tomorrow. That’s good news. His return to the bullpen will help a lot as the Yankees will have someone who can actually give length.
3. Curtis Granderson is taking swings and running pain free, which is fantastic. Like Posada’s, Granderson’s eventual return to the lineup recircularizes it. It will push Randy Winn back to the bench, though he’s hit well in May.
4. Nick Swisher hopes to be in the lineup tonight. It’s always nice to see Swish.
5. With Nick Johnson out, it appears that Juan Miranda will get regular starts at DH. I’ve got no problem with this, though I’d prefer another option.